When do we collect your personal information?
You may provide personally identifiable information to us in the following ways:
- by registering as a Member
- by subscribing to our newsletter
- by sharing personal information when you post comments on our groups or forums, such as your email address or Twitter handle
- by contacting us through our Support page, or by emailing us at one of our email addresses listed on the Site, like our Contact page
-by providing us information through third party service providers, for example, registration through your Facebook log in credentials.
What personal information do we collect?
Depending on the portion of the Site and Service that you interact with, what we collect may include your:
- full name
- email address
- your location
- passport/profile and cover photo you submit
- Username or login IDs for Twitter, Facebook or Linked-in
- any data, images or videos you post on your profile or in groups
Non-personal information we collect when you visit the Site may include:
- your IP address
- your approximate geographic location
- the operating system you are using
- the Internet browser you are using
- the Web page you requested to visit
How is my personal information used?
Depending on the portion of the Service and Site that you have joined or interacted with, we may use your information in a number of ways:
- If you choose to join as a member, we will send our periodic newsletter to the email address you provided us. Members can opt-out of our newsletter at any time by clicking the “Unsubscribe” link that is present on every email at the very bottom of the newsletter.
- The email address that you use when contacting Support or using our “Support” form on the Site will not be used for any reason except for responding to your inquiry.
- From time to time, we may organize contests and other promotions. If you share information with us directly or through one of our third party service providers, we may use the email address you provided in order to notify you of the results
- We may use your non-personal information to monitor Site usage trends and improve the User experience
Who else has access to my personal information?
What about cookies?
You can program your computer to warn you each time a cookie is being sent, block third party cookies or block all cookies. However, by blocking all cookies you may not have access to certain features of the Service.
How do I edit my personal information?
Click “Edit Profile” (Inside Tools Menu/My Passport) to edit your personal information. While most of the information in your passport/profile can be edited, many of the fields are required in order to complete the modification to your passport/profile. Also please note that you cannot change your username.
How do I delete my Membership account?
If you would like to delete your Membership account, please send us an email from the email address that is associated with your Membership account at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please let us know your username in that email, so that we may complete your request accurately.
You should be aware that it may not be technologically possible to remove each and every record of the information you have provided to us from our servers. The need to back-up our systems to protect information from inadvertent loss means that a copy of your personal information may exist in a non-erasable form that may be difficult or impossible for us to locate.
In addition, we have the right to delete any account at any time if required to do so by process of law, or if necessary in order to investigate fraud or in connection with any harm being caused to a third party or their rights.
How secure is my personal information?
We use commercially reasonable administrative, technical, personnel and physical measures to safeguard personal information against loss, theft and unauthorized use, disclosure or modification. However, we cannot completely guarantee the security of personal information. Although we make commercially reasonable efforts to protect your personal information from loss, misuse, or alteration by third parties, you should be aware that there is always some risk involved in transmitting information over the Internet.